Research and Professional Honors
Dr. Duffey has over 25 years experience in all refractive surgeries, including LASIK, Laser Cataract Surgery, Toric IOLs, Intacs, Phakic Intraocular Lenses, and Presbyopia-correcting cataract surgery (Tecnis, Restor, and Crystalens). In addition to being one of the first surgeons in the United States to perform advanced refractive surgical techniques on the Gulf Coast, he has trained many surgeons, both inside and outside the U.S., in advanced refractive surgery techniques.
Certifications & Affiliations
- American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO)
- Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO) - Past Member
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS)
- Castroviejo Corneal Society-Past Member
- International Society of Refractive Surgery (ISRS)
- Alabama Academy of Ophthalmology
- Medical Association of Alabama
- Mobile County Medical Society
- American Academy of Medical Ethics
- National Medical Advisory Boards: Laser Vision Centers, Inc. and TLCV - Past Member
- A Principal Investigator of LASIK for the CRS-sponsored FDA study in the U.S. - Completed
- Repeatedly named Top Refractive/LASIK Surgeon by Sight Path Medical, LVCI and TLCV Organizations.
- Numerous Annual Inclusions in Best Doctors in America and Top U.S. Ophthalmologists Databases including the most recent databases.